On this page you will find certain company policies as well as the General DJ Agreement. These policies help people understand how the business operates. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at the number listed to the right.
A deposit of 25% of the total fee is due at the time you book.
Please refer to the DJ agreement for full details.
If you book your event six months in advance, you’ll get a 10% discount!
I only use state-of-the-art sound and lighting equipment for your event.
Set-up and Take-down
I arrive at one hour before your party begins to ensure equipment is working properly and I’m ready to entertain your guests when they arrive. Equipment take-down time is approximately one hour at the end of your event.
General DJ Agreement Terms
This contract is for musical entertainment and is made between the undersigned client (purchaser of the DJ’s services) and Versatile Sounds to be known as “Jamie Ellis” and/or the “DJ”.
- Overtime: If agreeable to the clients and the DJ, at the time of the engagement, the purchaser may choose to extend at the pro-ratable overtime rate of $***.** per hour, to be paid prior to the overtime period.
- Cancellation: of the engagement by the client for any reason shall forfeit the deposit if cancelled within 45 days engagement. Cancellation of the engagement by the client within 15 days prior to the date of engagement shall also require payment of balance due, unless the DJ is rebooked by the client for an open date within 30 days of the cancellation date. Payment of the balance will not be required if Jamie Ellis obtains a suitable booking elsewhere, or if cancellation is due to a variable death in the immediate family of the client. A client canceling their engagement by telephone must also verify that cancellation in writing (via dated mail or email) within 3 days (72 hours).
- Provisions: The client ensures that: (A) the clients place of engagement or caterer shall provide the DJ with a sturdy covered 6’ or 8’ DJ area within 25’ of a 3 prong grounded electrical outlet; (B) the place of engagement is open to the DJ at least 1 hour prior to the scheduled starting time; (C) the place of engagement meets all state and federal safety regulations and has any and all necessary music licenses and performance permits; (D) for all outdoor performances, unless waived by the DJ, a tentor similar overhead protective covering must be provided to prevent damage to the DJ’s equipment in the event of adverse weather conditions; (E) reasonable steps must be taken to protect the DJ and his equipment and music collection from any type of abuse, theft or damage resulting from this booking. In the unlikely event of circumstances deemed by the DJ to present a real or implied threat of harm to the DJ’s equipment, computer, music, or person, the DJ reserves the right to cease performance until the client has resolved the threatening situation; (F) the DJ reserves the right to deny guests access to the DJ’s music, computer and/or equipment; (G) any legal action resulting from a dispute between the parties to this contract must be filed in the Riverside Court.
- If, due to death, sudden incapacitating illness, accident or other unforeseeable circumstances and/or acts of God, the act is unable to perform as contracted, every effort will be made by Jamie Ellis (if so notified and if time and circumstances permit) to provide a substitute (subject to approval by the client) to perform in the place of the canceling DJ, at the same fee and terms. If no acceptable DJ can be found, Jamie Ellis agrees to refund the deposit along with any and all payments made by the client (due and payable 30 days after the date of engagement). Upon such refund, this contract shall become null and void, and the client shall have no further legal recourse against Jami e Ellis. If the DJ is late starting due to unavoidable detention (traffic, weather, etc.) the client has the option to add the amount of time to the end of the function at no charge or deduct a pro-rated refund from the balance due.
- Jamie Ellis’ responsibility to the client is to consult and advise, offer and promote the services rendered, and (if so instructed) issue a contract. Jamie Ellis shall serve as intermediary and consultant prior to the function. In no event shall Jamie Ellis be held liable for any personal injury, property damage or subjective performance-related-complaints or for any other mishaps occurring at the function that are directly or indirectly the fault and/or responsibility of the DJ. The client agrees to indemnify and hold Jamie Ellis harmless against any and all claims for damages resulting from this booking.